Upcoming Events School Cleaners February 8 – Wales February 15 – A. Baker Sunday, February 9 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Sing in church (TLH #400) Tuesday, February 11 Student Fair Due Date Grades 3-7: Note Cards Friday, February 14 Valentine’s Day party Monday, February 17 Presidents’ Day NO SCHOOL Friday, February 21 Book Orders Due
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Feb. 10 TLH #400 Gr. K: v. 6 Gr. 1-2: v. 5-6 TLH #538 Gr. 3-7: all Bible Passages: Due Wed., Feb. 12 K: Ps. 119:105 Gr. 1: Ps. 106:1 Gr. 2: Matt. 22:37, 39; Matt. 28:19 Gr. 3: Prov. 1:10; 1 John 1:7 Gr. 4: Heb. 10:25; 1 Cor. 14:40 Gr. 5: Matt. 17:5; Mark 16:15 Catechism: Due Fri., Feb. 14 Gr. K-2: Second Article Gr. 3-5: Third Article
Friday Fun I’m always in charge, I’m never in debt. I’m known as the first amongst all my kind. I’m found within cars, But never in buses. I’m not used in Mexico, I’m used in Palestine. What am I?
- Mid-terms were sent home on Friday. Please initial the bottom and send them back to school along with the green folder.
- We are singing Hymn #400 (Take My Life and Let it Be) on Sunday. Please make sure to be at church by 9:40 so that we can run through the song once before church.
- Each family was given a list of students’ names to make it easier to write out Valentine’s Day cards. If you haven’t seen your family’s copy, please ask the oldest student in the house.
- The Valentine’s Day boxes that the children are making at home should not be brought to school until after Wednesday, February 12. If you have any questions about making a box, please speak with one of the teachers.
- Remaining singing dates:
- February 9
- March 22 (Tour Choir – updated)
- April 5 (Palm Sunday concert)
- April 10 (Good Friday, 7 p.m.)
- April 12 (Easter)
- May 10
- May 24 (Graduation Sunday)
Last Week’s Friday Fun The 22nd and 24th presidents of the United States of America had the same parents, but were not brothers. How can this be possible?Answer: They were the same man. Grover Cleveland served two terms as president of the United States, but the terms were not consecutive.