|Upcoming Events||Memory Work|
|Hymn: (Due Mon., Dec. 7)|
|School Cleaners||Now Praise We Christ, the Holy One, p.4|
|December 5 – Kanneh||1: v.1|
|December 12 — Nelson||3-8: v. 1-2|
|Sunday, December 7||(Due. Wed., Dec. 9)|
|Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.||“Children” part, p. 3|
|Church 10:00 a.m.|
|Christmas Eve Rehearsal, 12-2 p.m.||(Due Fri., Dec. 11)|
|The Lord’s My Shepherd, I’ll Not Want, p12|
|Thursday, December 10||v. 1|
|Sing at Northtown, 2:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, December 16|
|Congregational Christmas meal, 6:00 p.m.|
|Candlelight service, 7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, December 23||Kindergarten –|
|See assignment notebook|
|Thursday, December 24|
|Christmas Eve service, 6:00 p.m.|
|December 24 – January 3|
Using five potatoes, how can you feed six children an equal amount of potatoes, without resorting to fractions?
- Last Friday Fun: Complete this equation with the digits 1 to 6 to make the sum correct. Note: there is no ÷ 1, and at no point is a decimal or fraction used.
_____ + _____ – _____ x _____ ÷ _____ x _____ = 50
Answer: 2 + 4 – 1 x 6 ÷ 3 x 5 = 50
- Sunday is our second Christmas Eve rehearsal. This will be from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m., however, Pastor said that they may try to start around 11:45 and may end a little earlier as well.
- Next Thursday, December 10, we will be singing at Northtown Mall at 2:00. The children should wear black bottoms and white tops. It is not necessary for them to wear these to school. We will allow time to change after lunch. We will probably need a couple of parents to drive. If you can help out, please speak to Mrs. Hein.
- If you are donating items for the seven volunteer gift bags, you may bring your donations at any time. Items that are typically given are things like candles, chocolates, hot chocolate or tea, lotion, etc.
- This week for the kids’ journals, they concentrated on writing acrostic poems. Here is a sample of one written by an upper grader: Christ was born on Christmas He saved us from our sins Redeemed us with His blood. In a stable, He was born. Shepherds came when He was boen. The wise men gave Him gifts Meanwhile, Isaiah’s prophecies came true. Shepherds returned to their flocks and told many people.
Christ was born on Christmas
He saved us from our sins
Redeemed us with His blood.
In a stable, He was born.
Shepherds came when He was boen.
The wise men gave Him gifts
Meanwhile, Isaiah’s prophecies came true,
As God planned they would.
Shepherds returned to their flocks and told many people.
For the Record
What do you like about school? Lucee: I like recess because I get fresh air and I like to play in the snow in the winter.