Upcoming Events School Cleaners May 20 – Wales May 27 – Volunteer? Sunday, May 21 Examination/Confirmation (Kathleen) 9:00 Sing in church, 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 24 Spring Play, 7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 25 Last day of school Picnic 11:15 Sunday, May 28 Sing in church 9:00 a.m. “Go Now in Peace” Thursday, June 8 SLP Tower Days Parade, 6:00 p.m. July 24-28 VBS
Memory Work Hymn: (Due Mon., May 22) TLH #552: Abide with Me Gr. 1-2: v 1, 8 Gr. 4-6: v 1, 7, 8 Gr. 7-8: v.1, 2, 7, 8 Bible Passages: (Due Wed., May24) Gr.1: John 14:19 Gr.2: Gal. 3:26; Matt. 5:13; Matt. 5:14 Gr 4: Matt. 22:39; James 2:10; Ps. 51:10 Gr.5: 2 Tim. 2:19; Matk 16:16 ___________________________________ Kindergarten – Hymn: (Due Mon., May 22) TLH #54: Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah (Review)
I have a plate but I don’t have food eaten off me; I have several bases but I’m not the military; I make people happiest when they get home but I’m not a dog; I have people on deck but I’m not a ship. What am I?
Answer to last week’s Friday Fun: I’m a liquid but I’m not water; I’m sticky but I’m not glue; I’m sweet but I’m not melted chocolate; I’m found in a comb but I’m not hair. What am I? Answer: Honey
- Kindergarten comes to school every day next week.
- The children sing Hymn 54, “Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah” this Sunday for Kathleen’s Confirmation. The examination will be at 9:00 a.m. The children will sing during the 10:00 service. This will be Mrs. Radichel’s last Sunday to direct the Christian Day School and she has asked that everyone please be there to participate in this final hymn.
- Our end of the year play is on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. The children should be at school no later than 6:30. Please invite your family and friends to come see The Case of the Missing Part of Speech. Parents are also asked to bring some type of refreshment for afterwards. A cake will be provided.
- Our end of the year picnic will be on Thursday beginning at 11:15. After we eat, there will be some awards and other things handed out. When we are done, the children will be free to go to begin their summer vacation!
- We do not have any cleaners scheduled for the last week of school. If someone is willing to volunteer just to come and clean the bathrooms after school is out, please speak to Mrs. Hein.
- Last call for Campbell’s Soup labels. Please make sure that the labels contain the Labels for Education logo (pictured below). The UPCs without it are not valid.
- On Sunday, May 28th, we will be singing “Go Now in Peace” at the end of the church service. The school children will be joined by anyone who has attended Grace school in the past. It’s always fun for the students to sing with their parents and teachers! That Sunday is the beginning of the summer schedule, so the service starts at 9:00 a.m. It is also Graduation Sunday, when Kathleen Baker will be recognized as the graduate from Grace.
- Our school will be participating in the Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade on Thursday, June 8. It’s a fun event that allows us to get our name out into the community. We encourage all of our families to come and walk in the parade. Please plan on meeting at 5:45 p.m. in the parking lot of Woodcrest and together we will walk over to the parade site. The parade starts at 6:30 and usually lasts about an hour. If you plan on attending, please send Mrs. Hein a text or email so we have an idea how many to expect.
- The company that we have collected juice pouches for is no longer accepting them. So now we need to untrain the students NOT to save them. Feel free to throw them away over the summer and thanks for helping us save them over the last few years.
- An item for your calendar: Vacation Bible School will be held July 24-28 from 9:00 – 11:30a.m. There is already a sign up list in the entryway of the church, so if you plan on sending your children for that, please remember to sign them up. This is for children age 4 – 8th grade.