Upcoming Events School Cleaners December 16 – Middleton December 23 – Nelson Sunday, December 17 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Luncheon 11:00 a.m. Christmas Eve Rehearsal 11:30 – 1:30 Wednesday, December 20 Candlelight service, 7:00 p.m. Children sing Friday, December 22 School Christmas Party/Gift exchange Christmas break begins Sunday, December 24 Christmas Eve Service 6:00 p.m. (Be here by 5:30) Monday, December 25 – January 2 Christmas Break – No School
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Dec. 18 Wexford Carol Gr. 1-8: v. 3 Bible Passages: No assignment, grades 1-5 Catechism Due: No assignment, grades 1-5
Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? radio – car engine – piano
- Mid-term grades were sent home today in the green folder. Please initial the papers and return them in the folders on Monday.
- We will be singing in church for the mid-week Candlelight service next Wednesday, December 20 at 7:00 p.m. There is a Christmas meal at 6:00 to which is everyone is invited. If you are not at church for the meal, please be there by 6:40.
- If anyone has gifts for the volunteer bags, please bring those as soon as possible. We will be distributing the bags at our Christmas party next Friday. The children may bring their gifts for the gift exchange any time now, but please make sure that they are here by Friday.
- Next Friday is the school Christmas party. It will start at noon with a meal provided by our party volunteers. If you plan on coming for the gift opening, we usually try to plan that to start around 2:00.
- The Christmas Eve service on the 24th begins at 6:00 p.m. but the children are asked to be at church by 5:30. In preparation for this service, we will have rehearsal this Sunday from about 11:30 until 1:30. Please note the time change. There will also be a practice the morning of the 24th during the Sunday School hour, 8:45 – 9:45.
- After Christmas break we are going to be getting a student teacher here at Grace. Her name is Mrs. Michaela Winters and she is in her final year at Immanuel Lutheran College in Eau Claire. She will be here from Jan 3 – March 8. We are looking forward to having her in our midst! If any of our members would be willing to provide housing for her, please let Mrs. Hein know. She will likely spend many hours at school so she probably would not be around a lot.
Getting to Know You! Uriah: Favorite food: pickles Favorite season: winter Favorite subject: math Favorite drink: A & W Something I never want to do: ballet
Last Week’s Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? electronic – fan – junk Answer: They are all types of mail.