Upcoming Events School Cleaners January 27 – Pearson February 3 – Pearson Sunday, January 28 Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, February 6 Topic selection due for Student Fair Sunday, February 11 Sing in church Wednesday, February 14 Valentine’s Day party Monday, February 19 President’s Day NO SCHOOL
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Jan. 29 Jesus on the Mountain Peak (Supplement #719) Gr. 1: v.2 Gr. 2-8: v. 3-4 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Jan. 31 Gr. 1: Ps. 124:8 Gr. 2: Ps. 51:5; Rom. 6:23 Gr. 3: Rom 12:20; Eph. 4:32 Gr. 4: Ps. 103:1-2; Col 2:17 Gr. 5: Is. 7:14; John 1:29 Catechism: Due Fri., Feb. 2 The First Article (highlighted portion)
Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? highway – catcher – astrologer
- There are still a few students who have not returned their report card envelopes. Please try to send those back on Monday.
- Singing dates for the rest of the school year are as follows. Please put these dates on your calendars. The Lent/Easter season is particularly busy. It is especially critical that we have all of the children present for the Palm Sunday mini-concert.
- Sunday, February 11 – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, February 25 (Sunday School) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, March 25 (Palm Sunday mini-concert) – 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 30 (Good Friday) – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 1 (Easter) – 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 20 (Confirmation) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 27 (Graduation) – 9:00 a.m.
Getting to Know You! Mrs. Bergstrom: Favorite movie: The Princess Bride Favorite subject: science! Favorite sport: to watch Olympic sports Favorite drink: sparkling water A trip I’ve taken: train to Seattle Favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning: get up before everyone and enjoy the quiet
Last Week’s Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? bicycle tire – toothpaste – chemistry lab Answer: They all have tubes.