Upcoming Events School Cleaners December 1 – Onyinge December 8 – Onyinge Sunday, December 2 Bible Class/Sunday School, 9:00 a.m. Church, 10:00 a.m. Christmas Eve rehearsal, 11:30-2 p.m. Wednesday, December 19 Candlelight service Sing Thursday, December 20 Northtown Concert, 2:00 p.m. Friday, December 21 Christmas Party Christmas Break begins
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Dec. 3 Gr. K: TLH #282 v. 2 (p.3) Gr. 1: TLH #282 v. 3 (p. 3) Gr. 2: TLH #63 v. 1-2 (p. 9) Gr. 3-8: LSB #386 (p.1) Bible Passages: Due Wed., Dec. 5 K: p. 10, John 3:16 Gr. 1: p. 8 &10 Gr. 2: p. 6, 8, & 10 Gr. 3: Grade part (p. 6) Gr. 4: Grade part (p.9) Gr. 5: Grade part (p. 9) Catechism: Due Fri., Dec. 7 K: TLH #282 v. 3 (p. 3) 1: TLH # 63 v. 1-2 (p. 9) 2: TLH #63 v. 4-5 (p. 9) 3-5: “Children” (p. 12)
Friday Fun It is round on both sides but high in the middle. What is it?
- The teachers ask that children not be in the classrooms before, during, or after church.
- We will be singing at Northtown Mall on Thursday, December 20 at 2:00 p.m. We ask that the children wear black bottoms (skirt or pants) and a white top. Please let your friends and family know about it so that we can have a good crowd!
- The school Christmas party will be on Friday, December 21. It will begin with a noon lunch provided by the party planners followed by games and other activities. The gift exchange will begin around 2:00. Parents, grandparents, and volunteers are certainly invited to attend! If any parents wish to help with the party, please let Mrs. Hein know and she will connect you with right person.
- On Sunday we will have our first Christmas Eve rehearsal. We usually try to start earlier than noon so if your children are not here for church, please try to have them at the church by 11:30. There is a luncheon following the church service so that you do not have to worry about feeding them before the rehearsal. We also try to be done earlier than 2:00 so if you leave during the rehearsal, please be back at church by 1:45. The children should know all of their individual parts by Sunday. If you have any questions, please ask one of the teachers or Pastor Hein.
- We are not going to be doing volunteer bags this year for Christmas. Instead we will be planning and cooking a meal for the volunteers where they can sit and visit with the students. Please stay tuned for further details.
- For your calendar: Sunday, December 2 – Christmas Eve rehearsal (11:30-1:45) Sunday, December 9 – Christmas Eve rehearsal (11:30 -1:45) Sunday, December 16 – Christmas Eve rehearsal (11:30-1:45) Wednesday, December 19 – Sing in church for Candlelight service (7:00 p.m.) Thursday, December 20 – Sing at Northtown (2:00 p.m.) Sunday, December 23 – Christmas Eve rehearsal (8:45-9:45 a.m.) Monday, December 24 – Christmas Eve service (6:00 p.m.)
Last Week’s Friday Fun It is higher without the head, than with it. What is it? Answer: a pillow