Upcoming Events School Cleaners May 11 – Wales May 18 – Whelan Sunday, May 12 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Friday, May 17 NOON DISMISSAL Sunday, May 19 Confirmation Sunday Sing in church Wednesday, May 22 Spring Play, 7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 23 Last day of school Noon dismissal Sunday, May 26 Graduation Sunday Sing in church Thursday, June 6 Spring Lake Park parade
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., May 13 TLH #370: My Hope is Built K: v.3 Supp. #783: Jesus Shepherd of the Sheep 2: v. 1-2 3-8: v. 1-3 Bible Passages: Due Wed., May 15 K: 1 John 1:7 Gr. 1: Luke 23:34; Ps. 121:2 Gr. 2: Matt. 7:7; Gal. 3:26; Matt. 5:13 Gr. 3: John 18:36; 1 Cor. 12:3; 1 Pet. 5:7 Gr. 4: Matt. 22:39; James 2:10; Ps. 51:10; Rom. 3:28 Gr. 5: 1 Cor. 10:31; 1 Pet. 1:5; Luke 2:11 Catechism: Due Fri., May 17 K-2: 5th Petition 3-5: 7th Petition
Friday Fun Why don’t seagulls fly over a bay?
- Please remember to turn in your enrollment applications.
- Remember that next Friday is a half day of school. Please plan to pick your children up at noon.
- The spring play is Wednesday, May 22, at 7:00p.m. The children should be at school by 6:30 to allow them to get ready. Parents are asked to bring refreshments for after the program. Please invite family, friends, and neighbors!
- May 23 will be our last day of school. At about 11:00 that day we will have our end of the year “picnic.” If parents/siblings plan on attending, please let Mrs. Hein know so that we know how many to prepare for. School will be dismissed for the summer following the picnic.
- The Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade is Thursday, June 6. It’s a fun event that allows us to get our name out into the community. We encourage all of our families to come and walk in the parade. We usually meet at 5:45 p.m. in the parking lot of Woodcrest School and together we walk down Able St. to the parade site. The parade starts at 6:30 and usually lasts a little more than an hour.
Dates to put on your calendar:
- Friday, May 17: Immanuel Class Day, NOON dismissal
- Wednesday, May 22: Grace Spring Play, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23: Last day of school, NOON dismissal
- Thursday, June 6: Annual Spring Lake Park parade
Singing dates for the rest of the school year:
- Sunday, May 19 (Confirmation – TLH: #370 – My Hope is Built on Nothing Less)
- Sunday, May 26 (8th grade Graduation – Go, Now in Peace)
Last Week’s Friday Fun Why shouldn’t you write with a broken pencil? Answer: because it would be pointless